Author Topic: How many bottles should a 12 week old be having a day?  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Littlebees

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
How many bottles should a 12 week old be having a day?
« on: July 28, 2017, 16:03:17 pm »
The big boy has been 3 hourly, and getting through the 12 week growth spurt, has upped his milk but still keeping the same routine:

NF 4am, 7am, 10, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm ish, DF 10.30 = 7 feeds of 5/6oz (5 day + DF + NF)

Previously he wasn't taking much DF but this has increased prob for the spurt.

Now, over the last 2 days he is refusing half of his day feeds and become really fussy. He is still taking 4oz of the DF and all of the NF. Today I am trying him on the 3.5 hourly schedule to see if he will take more and is beginning to have more A.

I can't remember from my lg but are 2 NF's usual and will going 3.5hrs help get 7 bottles to 6?

thanks
Sarah

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: How many bottles should a 12 week old be having a day?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 17:14:47 pm »
Your feed times look very normal to me! ;D

Try 3.5 hours, formula fed babies often need to go longer between bottles sooner then breast fed babies, a faster teat can help too if you haven't tried that.

I can't remember from my lg but are 2 NF's usual and will going 3.5hrs help get 7 bottles to 6?

When is the other NF - you have one at 4am or are you counting the DF as a NF? A DF then at least one other feed before the start of the day is to be expected at this age, some have 2 feeds after the DF. He's doing fab!

Laura

Offline Littlebees

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: How many bottles should a 12 week old be having a day?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 08:43:15 am »
Thanks Laura!

Well after day 1 of the 3.5 hour routine, the big boy went down last night at 7.30pm took the whole DF at 10.30pm and went through till 5.30am, I dummied him as was crying through sleep then had to wake him at 7am!!!!! And he was in a good mood and took the whole morning bottle!!!

Of course I woke at 4am and have been up since  ??? ???

Am not holding my breath tonight but now I know what he is capable of!!