Author Topic: 5 month old nurses to sleep/naps, using ABC to get EASY, tips?  (Read 991 times)

Offline BabyMamaLlama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

Our angel/textbook 5 month old nurses and then falls asleep/naps on my lap. It's hard to then transfer her to the crib, she usually wakes up.  We've been working to change that, most recently using walks in her stroller or the ergo, or walking her around and bouncing her to sleep and then transferring her to the crib, which yields some more successful transfers.

But, I just started reading TBW and we really like TH's philosophy and the EASY routine. So, we are just starting to move from eat on lap->nap on lap to EASY. It's only day one, but man this is tough. Our poor girl just screams if we put her down tired into the crib. She's hardly slept today, hence why I'm letting her now nap on my lap.

Any tips?

A: Pain from c-section and baby that fell asleep while nursing meant I started out letting her nurse and sleep on my lap instead of putting her into a crib for a nap.
B: baby nurses on lap, then naps on lap. Also nurse her to sleep at night, at which time it's easy to transfer her to the bassinet.
C: 90% of the time she naps, she starts by napping on my lap (other 10% she started napped no in ergo, stroller, car seat, arms). Only 10% of the time can I then successfully transfer her to the crib, so I'm usually stuck on the couch for a couple of hours while she naps.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 22:59:10 pm by BabyMamaLlama »

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 5 month old nurses to sleep/naps, using ABC to get EASY, tips?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 06:12:17 am »
Hello and welcome to BW forums :)

Sorry you didn't get an reply for a few days, we usually try to make sure that posts are responded to a bit quicker than that.

How are things now?  It's been a few days since you started EASY and putting the sleep training method into practice so I would hope you've had a little success at least and things are starting to get a bit easier for you to put her down for naps.

If you can update on how things are now I may be able to give you some tips for moving forward.