Author Topic: New mum going out of her mind !! 7 week old refusing naps/ sleepn  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Simmotra

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

I am new mum new to the forum and desperately hoping you ladies can give me some advice.

I have a 7 week old baby girl and we have been on EASY for about 2 weeks. She can go 2.5-3hours between feeding and on the whole sleeps well.....the issue is she refuses to fall asleep anywhere else that isn't on DH and I.

She won't fall asleep in her pushchair / car seat/ cot- NOTHING . She gets so worked up she makes herself sick . This is making going out very hard and really getting me down

She will only sleep on me / sling in the day . When she is on me she can sleep a good 1hr 30 stretch. At night time we have managed to get her to fall asleep in her bed but this is a massive trial and error situation . When she is down for the night on a good day she can do a 6-7 hour stretch between feedings. However if she hasn't had much day sleep this doesn't happen.

Some nights she is so over tired it can take 3 hours to calm her down.

In the day we try and try and try to get her to fall asleep in her bed ( do the wind down / put her in drowsy ) sometimes she will fall asleep but at the 10 or 20 min mark she wakes up and screams . Shh pat doesn't work and the only thing that calms her down is a cuddle and she will fall back asleep on us.

The more we try the more overtired she gets and then we do anything to get her to sleep ( rock / bounce - everything your not meant to do !!!):

Any suggestions ?? She can stay away for around 1hr 15 but we start wind down around the hour mark . She also fights the swaddle a lot but I resist taking her out of it .

Please please help I am going out of my mind

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: New mum going out of her mind !! 7 week old refusing naps/ sleepn
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:00:38 am »
Hiya, just popping in to say I'm responding on your other thread: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=287104.msg3166905#msg3166905

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:04:10 am »
Hi welcome and sorry you've had a response yet. Firstly I'd say try not to worry too much she is still very very tiny and any rocking, bouncing , cuddling won't hurt her and she may just need your smells and comfort at the moment.

Both of my boys never wanted putting down until they where 12 weeks plus, and my second lived in the sling for months.

Does she suffer from wind or any reflux pain? Does she have good sleep cues?x
Zoe

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:04:37 am »
Posted with Jessmum x
Zoe

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 18:44:38 pm »
I'm just going to lock this since you have good advice on your other thread.