Author Topic: wake to sleep for naps working but...  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Alina.fluturas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 24, 2017, 12:52:58 pm »
Hi!

So I had success in doing the W2S method for extending 1(and today 2) naps in the day with my 5 month.
He was only taking 40/45 min naps most times so I would go in at 30 min and very gently rub his cheek until he stirred and turned his head and then I would go out quickly and this way his naps have extended to 1.5-2 hours.
What is interesting though is that 5 mins after coming out of his room I can hear him on the monitor fully waking up - he yawns, chats a bit to himself or makes some funny sounds and this could last anywhere from 2-10mins and then he goes back to sleep. Is this how it's suppose to happen? as I thought they are not supposed to fully come out of the sleep cycle and actually wake up, it makes me so nervous every time as I worry he will not go back to sleep (especially when it takes 10 mins of him chatting away until I hear nothing again). I mean I'm wondering if it is the actual W2S that has worked or he just puts himself back to sleep regardless of me doing the W2S...
I think I'm on day 4 of W2S and today has been the first day I decided to do it on second nap too as until now I would go in only for first nap.
Thank you!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: wake to sleep for naps working but...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 18:40:23 pm »
Sound like he is managing the transitions fine by himself - I wonder if perhaps your W2S isn't really doing an awful lot for him?  If you don't do it does the same thing happen?  It's not totally uncommon for a LO to stir for a minute or two and chatter before going off again during sleep, but if it's happening more then I'd wonder if he might be a touch UT?  What's his A time before the first nap?