Author Topic: 3 month old help dropping 4th catnap and still can't make it through transitions  (Read 4239 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
He's nearing 4 months of age, yes? If so, he may need an A time increase (average at 4 months is 2hr) before that second nap, looks like 1:40 at the moment and it seems he's consistently UT in the nap (anything really from 40min-1:15 suggests UT).

Offline mommykay410

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
He will be 4 months on the 21st.  I just started pushing his first A from 1.5 to 1.75 a few days ago, so I didn't want to push him too quickly.  If I push him too far he has trouble falling asleep on his own and then cries at 30 mins in.  Should I push his first A to 2 hours before pushing his second A a little longer?  Or should I hold his first A at 1h45/1h50 and do the same amount of A for the 2nd?

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Its the second nap you're having issues with, yes? If so, just push the second A. Some kids need A times consistent through the day, some need them slightly longer, some shorter.

Offline mommykay410

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Today was better...he slept through his whole first nap from 9:05-11:25 after an A of 2 hrs, and he almost made it through his second nap after an A of 1hr55min, but I did have to pat him a bit around an hour in and he slept for almost 2 hrs total.  I will stick with the 2 hr A time for now and see if that holds for a while and hopefully he will start sleeping through.  Thanks for your help!