Author Topic: 3.5 month old and new waking up at night  (Read 1380 times)

Offline dinakab

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 04, 2018, 06:06:25 am »
My LO is 3.5 months (she turns four this week) and was exclusively breastfed until she was 3 months. I started work so we moved her to formula gradually over the course of a month. She used to wake up once during the night for a NF and gradually started eating less so one evening I tried giving her the pacifier instead of a feed and she took it and slept till 7am (her actual waking time!). This happened for a good week. Now for the past four days it has all changed, she wakes up around 4am and I give her the pacifier. She goes back to sleep but then it falls out 15-20 mins later and starts crying so I go in and give it to her again. This continues until 7am when I wake her up to start her day and give her the first feed.

Any idea what's going on? Am I doing something wrong - has the pacifier now become a prop? Or is she actually hungry and I should try giving her a feed? I am scared to give her a feed and she doesn't really want it and then I start a cycle of NFs again.

HELP!!
D

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 3.5 month old and new waking up at night
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 19:13:15 pm »
Hi there, it’s quite normal for babies this age to need a NF both of mine fed in the night until 6 months and 9 months. There are lots of growth spurts going on as well as development leaps so personally I’d feed and see if she goes back to sleep and if that gets her through till 7am then it saves replugging  several times and being awake  ;)
Zoe

Offline dinakab

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:08:41 am »
Gave her a bottle when she woke up around 4/5 and she downed it, so she definitely is hungry.
So will offer it to her and see how it goes....was just nice thinking that we might be sleeping through the night but hey who knows what will happen this month?! Fingers crossed heheheh

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 16:25:21 pm »
That’s good hopefully she will just go back to sleep after it. To go till 4/55am is a good stretch and sleeping through until then is great. x
Zoe