Author Topic: 15m wakes 2-3 times at night!  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Bori21

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 02, 2018, 07:32:42 am »
My LO's ability of making sleep transitions is so weak. Since he was born from now. I've tried to do many things to help him sleep better (from setting him up on EASY, teaching him to sleep himself to cutting off his night breasting). OK it's better, but still very terrible. I've cut off his night breasting since last month. After that, he slept quite well, from 8h30-8h45 PM to 4-5 AM. Then he was awake but got back to sleep himself, till 7 AM. But recently, he cant make the transition for more than 4 hours, like he wakes 2-3 times a night. For example the last night, he slept at 9PM, at 0 AM he was awake (turned over himself constantly, grouchy a little bit) but settled himself down immediately. Then at 3AM, he woke again, climbed to lie on my chest and continuously sleeping with a little grouching. And once again, at 5PM, everything repeated. He kept turning himself over from right to left, upwards to downwards for almost 10 minutes, after that he stayed back to sleep and totally woke up at 7.15AM.

I have to say that I'm exhausted of his sleeping habit. A little desperated too, as I've tried so hard to hope that he can sleep straight through the night   :'( I don't know why he cant sleep well at night and dont know what to do do help him. Please help me!

For more information, he now has 16 teeth and keeps drooling so much. Wonder if he continues toothing and it affects his sleeping  ??? 

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 15m wakes 2-3 times at night!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:14:56 am »
Hey there I know it’s exhausting and feels never ending some days. Have you tried giving him pain killers for teeth? My first boy suffered very badly worn teething and it affected his nights.
What does his day look like, when does he take a nap?
Zoe

Offline Bori21

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:33:31 am »
Hi

I'm sorry for replying your post late. My boy doesnt seem feeling hurt of teething as he stills eat and play normally. He wakes at around 6.30 - 7.00 AM and take a nap at 12.00 AM to 14.30 PM. His naps are usally good. But about 3 recent days, he's awake after 1 sleep cycle. And with my help, he returns to sleep for 2 more hours. He's now learning to speak. And I'm wondering if he's in his "toddlers growth spurts" :))

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 15m wakes 2-3 times at night!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 06:44:11 am »
He could be having a developmental phase.
His day looks good, what time is bedtime?
Zoe