Author Topic: Tips or support for fighting jet lag and getting back on time zone...  (Read 1272 times)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
We just got back from a 2 week vacation with our 17 month old. Vacations in general can be challenging enough with regards to sleep, but we are also dealing with a 6 h time change.

We only just got home today and it was a long exhausting trip for all of us getting home. I am trying to be realistic with what I should expect.

I feel like I am dealing with OT/UT right now (4month flashbacks). I know she is exhausted, but she has been up for 90 mins so far (after sleeping~4h from BT PD). It started with chatting and whining, then more whining with some crying. She keeps laying down then popping back up... Over and over.

I can understand her difficulty with falling back alseep as I could not fall asleep tonight with this time adjustment.

Is there anything I can do to improve this over the coming days??

She actually took her long nap today very close to her normal (at home time) and went down for bed around her normal time as well (I figure that is a good start???)

Is this just a time thing? Take a few days? Don't want to get into any bad habits.

Right now when she is more whining and fussing we just stick our head into room "lay down it is sleepy time" she will pop up and down for a while, eventually get upset and cry. Then we will go into the room.... Same words but we might rub her back for short time. We haven't had to pick her up.

Any advice??

Is this normal under the circumstances?

Thanks!!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Tips or support for fighting jet lag and getting back on time zone...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 12:55:48 pm »
Hi sorry this has been missed how are things!?x
Zoe

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 18:19:50 pm »
No problem. I figured this was an only time can fix situation.

It seems to be much better each day, but now my LO is sick or badly teething so it is hard to know what is bothering her more.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 18:49:11 pm »
I think for us it took a good few days to get back to normal, but I just go back to our time and routine and it seems to work itself out.

Oh bless teeth and could be 18 month SR on its way x
Zoe