Author Topic: 22 months - routine tweak?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Hayleys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: June 06, 2018, 08:24:26 am »
Hi

My DD2 is 22 and a half months. Since 19 months she has been on the following EASY:
WU 6-6:30
Nap 1 pm - 2:30 pm
BT 7:30 -8pm

We were having a lot of early wake ups before we established this routine and I think she should have been doing this routine before 19 months.

For the past 6 weeks or perhaps more her bedtime is getting later and later as she just cannot fall asleep. I've kept things as they are to discount teething and language leaps etc but things are getting worse now. She is no longer teething and I've noticed a huge language leap.

Now we are having very long days and I think we need to tweak her nap. Over tiredness is also kicking in and she is waking briefly in the early evening and early morning.

So now her day resembles this:
WU 6am
Nap 1 pm - 2:30 pm
BT 9 pm

She is struggling with this now and the last few days have been particularly hard as she is tired.
She is waking earlier than before too so I'm not sure if I should be cutting the nap but also making it later? Ideally I don't want her to sleep later than 2:30 pm due to the school run. Sometimes I am waking her from her nap and other times she is waking before at about the hour and 15 min mark. She does seem to need 6 and a half hours before bedtime after this length of nap and she has always seemed to be on the low sleep needs side.

Any ideas anyone?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 22 months - routine tweak?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 15:24:23 pm »
Hi what about just an hours nap 1.30-2.30? If she’s low sleep needs then you might need to start capping earlier to get decent BT x
Zoe

Offline Hayleys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 15:53:21 pm »
Thank you! I'll try this and see how it goes. Fingera crossed we might start getting more night sleep.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 22 months - routine tweak?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 17:36:33 pm »
Keep us posted x
Zoe