Author Topic: Unable to settle during night wakings  (Read 2031 times)

Offline KatieAlexis

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 18, 2018, 11:23:23 am »
Hi there, my daughter is 4mo and has just started night waking - I'm exhausted! When she wakes I try shush-pat but she continues to whimper and if i stop it gets louder. As soon as I pick her up for PUPD she falls asleep (literally instantly), but she wakes as soon as I go to lower her back into cot and cries (unless I wait ages with her on me). I'm struggling to know what to do as PUPD obviously isn't working if she sleeps on me the moment I pick her up.

Daytime she tends to take short naps and to get her to sleep in the first place I'm afraid I usually end up holding her or she just cries and gets blue in the face regardless of how much shust-pat I do.

Any advice appreciated! I know I need to break this sleeping on my shoulder problem but I'm living on about 3 hrs sleep per night and so tired after trying for an hr or so to calm her in cot I just end up picking her up because it works...

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Unable to settle during night wakings
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 07:44:58 am »
Hi KatieAlexis, sorry your post has gone so long without a reply. What's happening now? How long is DD awake between naps at the moment?