Author Topic: 16 months and EW again-Routine change needed?  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Serenede

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
16 months and EW again-Routine change needed?
« on: October 08, 2018, 11:36:45 am »
Hi,

So after a good 2-3 months of great sleep things have gone wrong!

DS is a week off of being 17 months and has started early wake ups again. His routine was:

6.30/7am-WU
12.15/12.30-2.15/2.30-Nap (have to wake)
19.15-BT asleep by 7.30pm

So now he’s started waking at 5.30/5.45 am and won’t re settle. I’ve tried to keep his nap time much the same although he’s clearly tired in the mornings so have been putting him down 15 mins earlier for his nap. We went through the 2-1 nap transition at about 14/15 months. I have also tried making bedtime earlier at around 7pm but he’s often not asleep until 7.30pm anyway.

There seems to be lots of development going on with new words all the time and a fair few teeth coming through. I guess my question is is there anything I can change in his routine that might help him to sleep longer in the morning? Or is this likley just a bad patch that will sort itself out soon?

Any advice greatly recieved, we are very tired!x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 16 months and EW again-Routine change needed?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 21:05:41 pm »
Hi there,
It could be the impeding 18 month sleek regression approaching or that day sleep is robbing from night.
Personally I’d keep the nap later but cap it by taking 15/20 mins off it and keeping to a 13 hour day. Often EW can be from too short a day but also the language/teeth etc contribute as that’s when you come into lighter sleep so are woken easier x
Zoe

Offline Serenede

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 21:51:09 pm »
Thanks for the response. So he came down with chicken pox not long after I wrote this so am wondering if that was affecting him too. I was also thinking 18 month sleep regression. Once we are over the chicken pox I’ll try shortening his nap too and see if that helps.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 06:29:18 am »
Ah could be just that illness was on its way, hope he’s better soon x
Zoe