Author Topic: Sleep regression or too much day sleep?  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Sleep regression or too much day sleep?
« on: January 29, 2019, 14:41:44 pm »
Hi,

My LG is 17 weeks old and I am getting emw. I’m wondering if it is the sleep regression or if she is having too much day sleep. What is recommended for this age?

On a good nap day my LG can do 2 2 hour naps and a 45 min cat nap. Is that too much?

She isn’t a great night sleeper and wakes up a few times a night but just now for the past week I’m getting emw at 5-6 where she is awake and chatting to the world. A feed doesn’t get her back to sleep.

She is an independent settler as she sucks her thumb.
My day just now looks like

Bt: 8
Nw: 12.40 fed
Nw: 3.30 fed

Ew:6.20
A: 6.20-8.45
S: 8.45 - 10.30

A:  10.30-12.35
S: 12.35-14.35 (woken)

S: 16.40-17.10 (car nursery run)

Bt: 7

Any ideas? Thanks xx
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 14:47:59 pm by Mum2lucy »

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Sleep regression or too much day sleep?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:32:42 am »
I'd be more inclined to say day sleep Ison the lower side for 4 months, so it's possible that she is on the low side of sleep needs and a bit like my DS2 and 10 hours at night was a full quotient of sleep.

To many the night of 8pm 2 night feeds and. 6.20am wake up  would be fairly standard. Certainly at 4mo two night feeds is normal (even 3 in BF babies)

The only real suggestion I can make is that as she gets to  move around more and roll and more interested in what's going on she'll possibly be more tired to sleep that bit longer.
But it's also possible she's LSN and an early riser
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 06:13:44 am »
Oh no I can’t handle an early riser 😝🤪

It’s only in the past two weeks we’ve had an emw so I do wonder if it is part of the sleep regression.

I’m fine with the night feeds just now (she is ebm bottles during the day and boob at night) and she has been struggling with weight gain so those feeds are totally fine for me.

She’s had her immunisations this week so things are a bit off due to this as well

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:48:54 am »
Today she woke at 6am so I put her down for a nap at 8.20 and she only did 50 min nap.
Should I go to a set morning nap time irrelevant of emw? Or go with her sleep cues? I don’t want to reinforce emw but at the same time don’t want an ot baby 🙈🤷‍♀️