Author Topic: 2:1 mess at 14 months  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
2:1 mess at 14 months
« on: January 19, 2020, 09:32:45 am »
Hi

This forum is so quiet nowadays but I’m hoping someone might offer advice.

My LG is generally a good sleeper who ss sucking her thumb. She’s 14.5 months and I’ve gotten into a mess with the 2:1. She was waking earlier and earlier And is ot. I used to do early bedtime to try and catch up on sleep but just now it doesn’t seem to be helping - it just means she wakes earlier.

She does 5 A in the morning and then normally has a 2 hour nap if it home. At nursery 3 days a week, she does around 6 A in the morning and then a shorter sleep - she has never slept for long at nursery. She seems to like a shorter a to bedtime so 5 A to bed gets her ot but she won’t take cn and ebt isn’t picking up extra sleep so it is then emw.

I’ve attached her sleep tracker. does anyone have any advice to try and get some sort of routine into place to help with nw and emw?
Thanks

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: 2:1 mess at 14 months
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 21:10:40 pm »
Are you ever able to resettle her in the mornings? I remember a period around this age where I'd go in and let DD sleep on my in a chair in her room and she & I could squeeze in an extra sleep cycle or two sometimes. Might be worth a go.

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 07:01:17 am »
No she won’t resettle and as I’ve got an older LG I can’t let baby cry too much as it wakes big LG for the day.

We had a disaster night last night

Wu: 6
S: 11.00-13.15
Bt 6.25 cried then discovered she had dirty nap so changed it etc
S: 6.50
Nw: 12-3
A: 3-6.30

A 3 hour night waking up where she just wouldn’t sleep! I feel like I’m in the 18 month regression and she’s only 14 months!!

Offline deb

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 21:48:04 pm »
What's her food intake like? Is she ever feeding during those night wakings?

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 06:29:37 am »
No I cut night feeds a while ago.
She generally has a good appetite during the day and eats plenty.
She gets a bottle of hot water when she wakes for the day but I don’t give this before half 6 and she doesn’t get her breakfast before 7 so that I don’t train her tummy into expecting anything before then.

She’s cutting molars just now but I medicate for this if she wakes but it doesn’t seem to help her get back to sleep

Offline deb

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 22:25:22 pm »
Try medicating for pain before bed? Ibuprofen/nurofen is pretty long-lasting. Some parents even try a "dream med" like a dream feed, only you give them meds while they're sleeping so the new dose starts working before the old one wears off. (I wish someone had thought to clue me in on that when mine were teething!)

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 08:27:14 am »
Oh yeah she gets painkiller before bed. I wouldn’t do a dream medicine as my LG has historically struggled with swallowing medicine so I wouldn’t want to do it in case she struggled.

Sleep is no better. Getting a consistent 5.15/5.30 wake up. I’ve just driven to drop her at nursery and she’s fallen asleep in the car and it’s only 8.15am!

I’ve been doing a 15 min morn cn and then lunchtime nap around 12 to try and combat OT to get to lunchtime nap but it doesn’t seem to be helping with the 5.30am wake up