Author Topic: she won't let me put her back in the crib  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Aura

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
she won't let me put her back in the crib
« on: September 30, 2020, 07:01:56 am »
first time posting so if this is in the wrong area I apologize. My 16 mo has been waking up a few hrs after bedtime crying. I can get her back to sleep no problem. But my problem lies in when I put her back in her crib, or rather Try to, she immediately wakes up. And im talking the asleep where her pacifer has fallen out of her mouth and she still stays asleep. She stands up and starts crying or starts flailing the minute I lean over to put her in. Her bedtime routine is consistent, and she falls asleep and goes down in her crib with no issues during this time. I'm not sure if this is a sleep regression mixed with serperation anxiety, but its starting to happen every night and it's taking a toll on me. Her nap and sometime naps are in her crib too. Its overnight that is the issue. Please help.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: she won't let me put her back in the crib
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 19:24:42 pm »
Can you try not getting her out for more than a quick reassure cuddle then pop her back in drowsy but awake but maybe rub her back or hand but use your voice to soothe. So say it’s ok just time to sleep now, mummy’s here you’re ok etc. Then sit next to her rather than cuddle to sleep. There is a big sleep regression around 18 months so some of it could be that.
Zoe