Author Topic: Graduating a baby from the swaddle  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Batsheva

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 17, 2021, 16:56:23 pm »
How do you get the baby to sleep with out a swaddle once he's outgrown that stage?
My baby is almost 4 months old, has been sleeping in a swaddle for 2 months, and is definitely growing out of the swaddle. He started getting out of it before he falls asleep, and he can not fall asleep with out it. Before hand he would go to sleep on his own, in his rib, but when he gets out of the swaddle it'd as if he forgot he was tired. He gets full of energy and his hands start flying everywhere. He doesn't know what to do with them. Now it takes hours to put him to sleep, and I have to hold his arms down (not aggressively but so he doesn't fling them everywhere), and even when doing that it takes hours.
Help!!!
I don't know how to put him to sleep anymore.. during the day or the night. (other people that always put him to sleep with out it can still put him to sleep, but I don't know how to do it. It looks like he is trying to fall asleep but can't. I also don't want him to get used to me being in the room with him until he falls asleep..

Offline AnaQ

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 20:40:47 pm »
I don’t have much advice other than to stick with it! It gets tough mentally to go through that. Maybe get a halo sleep sack that binds the arms down and you can slowly loosen it for him to get used to it? And I don’t think you being in the room to sleep would be a hard thing to stop .. if it gets bad just slowly start leaving sooner or a fast approach would be once he’s used to sleeping without his swaddle you just lay him down and say have a good nap daring, mommy’s going now, see you when you wake up. And then leave. He might fuss for a while for a couple days even but he’ll get used to it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 20:42:45 pm by AnaQ »