Author Topic: Any more veggie ideas?  (Read 2724 times)

Offline barnmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Any more veggie ideas?
« on: July 05, 2005, 01:02:03 am »
Hi!!

My DD is 7&1/2 months old and is eating like a trooper.  She loves sweet potatoes, squash, carrots and peas.  She is not a fan of green beans.

Has anyone found any other veggies (especially green) that are relatively easy to make and freeze that the little ones like?  One of my books recomends avacado.  I don't even eat avocado. :?   I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 218
Any more veggie ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 17:33:31 pm »
Harvey loves sweetcorn (kernels), spinach & broccoli so long as it's mashed with potatoes, and he likes Courgette (zucchini).
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Any more veggie ideas?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 20:41:13 pm »
Hi there,

Dd hates broccoli but will eat it sometimes if it's mixed with other things.  She LOVES avocado!! I mix it with yogurt sometimes too and she gobbles it up. (I don't really like it myself either but it's easy to make!) We've used leek as well mixed with other veggies. One recipe we did is parsnip, carrot and poached chicken blended together and frozen, and another was broccoli, zucchini and parsnip steamed, pureed and then frozen.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Gigismom

Any more veggie ideas?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 18:16:12 pm »
my dd also loves avocado, mashed straight out of the skin.  don't be shy to try it.  i think most babies love it and it is so nutrtious.  sometimes if my dd is refusing a veg, i mix it with applesauce or pears and she suddenly loves it.

Offline shir_shir

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Any more veggie ideas?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 07:47:11 am »
how he lover brokoly
 (i hope i'm writing that the right way)

i'm steaming it & then i'm tossing it with olive oil & lots of garlic. u can all to it yellow cheese. i like to adds Georgian chees that called sulogini . it's sold in Russian food stors here.
my littel Tal