Author Topic: 4 mo old eating every 2.5-3 hours  (Read 2406 times)

Offline mollymoo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 27, 2005, 19:45:42 pm »
My little one will only eat 4 oz at a time. If I give her more and she happens to take it she ends up spitting up a lot of milk.  The problem is she wants to eat every 2  to 3 hours.  she is taking 4 or 5 bottles during the day and  2 at night.  Her eating schedule is messing up her sleeping schedule and mommy is totally exausted now and baby is overtired.
We tried cereal but she was not ready so I backed off and will try @ 5  months.

Any advice?

Molly
DD 3-15-05

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
4 mo old eating every 2.5-3 hours
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:55:51 am »
I would try to slowly increase the amount of time between feeds.  If she is going 2.5-3 right now I would work on getting it to a consistent 3 hrs.  Then to 3.25...3.5....til eventually you'll get to 4. 

This will probably have to be done in 3-4 days at a time.  I would keep all her favorite things that she likes to do (johnny-jump up, etc.) for when she starts to get fussy for the bottle...this should help keep her occupied until you reach the "desired" amount of time in between feeds.

HTH  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
4 mo old eating every 2.5-3 hours
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 02:58:34 am »
Hi Molly, I know how exhausting that is!  My son is 8 mos, and still is unable to take more than 5 or 6 oz at a time, no matter the length of time between feeds.  I am sorry that I have no advice, just wanted to say that I understand the frustration.
Sheila
ng