Author Topic: How much water/juice a day for 8-month-old?  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Andrea K

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How much water/juice a day for 8-month-old?
« on: July 28, 2005, 21:34:28 pm »
HI everyone,
   Can anyone tell me the amount of extra fluids (water or juice) my DD should be getting every day? She will not drink diluted juice from a sippy cup or bottle and is having constipation problems. Any ideas on how to get her more fluids besides thinning her formula??
Thanks for your help,
     Andrea
First time Mom to Sofia

Offline matt&chris mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 00:57:34 am »
The list I got from Chris ped is 1-2 oz in a cup and 4-6 tsps with cereal. Chris (10 months) didn't start drinking any until a few weeks ago when he started finding his brother's sippy cups on the coffee table. This week I just add a splash of juice to his sippy cup. I was told grape juice is best for constipation. My list doesn't say a water amount. I don't think I would dilute the formula. Is she eating solids/finger foods? Try peeled and quarted seedless grapes.

Minerva

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 02:31:16 am »
I just read today (though it seems an awful lot...) no more than 4-6oz water and/or juice a day. We give dd small sips of water from a regular plastic handled cup after her meals. It can be messy but she gets a real kick trying to drink herself. (won't touch a sippy or try and hold a bottle but she seems to like the cup with no lid.)

Something else that works for us is a gentle tummy massage. Clockwise motions mainly below the belly button but a bit above too. Helps "move things along." Pears have also worked for us.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008