Author Topic: getting worst on 4hrs EASY  (Read 2385 times)

Offline zaikamaya

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
getting worst on 4hrs EASY
« on: August 05, 2005, 19:31:21 pm »
Hello girls, I'm pretty new at the BW thing, I don't know where to start. I started reading her last book 2 weeks ago( checked it out from the school library) and implemented it right away on my DD (at 4 1/2 mos). I used to feed her to sleep, which used to work all the time until she turned 4mos. I realized that it was time for her to go to sleep on her own. My DD had her bottom teeth at 4 mos, and is very very very active. I would think she's a spirited baby, she just don't want to sleep but just play. It was hard and tiring the first 3 days but it kind of worked. I would pat and shush her to sleep. It got even easier until last thursday; she woke up suddenly from her afternoon nap screaming without any apparent reasons. It took me a long time to calm her down. Since then, she fights me and screams when I do the winding down and the swaddling. She eventually go to sleep because she's tired of crying. It just breaks my heart and gets on my nerve too. I now stopped the winding down all together because she just doesn't calm down. She was sleeping so good at night before, and now she just wakes up anytime from 2am to 5am, and it's hard to put her back to sleep. I give up and let DH rock her to sleep because I'm exhausted. I feel like she drains my energy during the day. I'd like to add also that I'm pretty much the only one doing the whole BW thing since I'm a SAHM and DH just doesn't like when she cries to sleep. He'd rather have me feed her to sleep again. Anyway it's just nerve wracking and I need help and support. Can you please help me with my DD
7-7:30 eat
7:30-8:30: play
9am(or earlier)-11am(or earlier): sleep
11-11:30 eat
11:30-1pm play
1pm-3pm sleep
3-5pm play
5-5:30 eat
6pm cat nap
7pm shower
7:20 eat+ winding down
7:45 hopefully sleep

Sorry for the very very very long post
3 kids
DD born 2005
DS1 born 2006
DS2 born Oct, 15 2009

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 02:48:52 am »
HI!
Sounds like you have a great start.  Have you ever fed her when she woke in the AM?  Since every baby is different, maybe she's having an early growth spurt and is hungry?

The other thing you might try is pu/pd vs the pat/ssh.  When you are doing the pat/sssh....what is the method?  Do you leave when calm or pat/shhh until completey asleep?  Just some questions so that I can try to help :D

Consistency is they key.   Eventually, if you end up rocking in the early morning every time...it may become a habit and she'll expect that vs going to sleep on her own...

:D

....if I don't respond back...please PM me..I'm not receiving email notifications  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 02:54:27 am »
Hello.  From reading your post it sounds as if you and your dh need to agree on what from of sleep training you want to do and be consistent.  Letting her cry sometimes and then dh rocking her sometimes is confusing for her. Whether it be BW methods or another form of sleep training consistency is the key.  I also would not stop with the windown routine either, they need the time as a signal that nap/bedtime is coming.  Again, being consistent is important.  Your naptime and bedtime routines do not have to be the same but be consistent for each one everytime.  Your overall routine looks good it just seems like you and dh need to decide what method of sleep training you want to do and be consistent. Hope this helps.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th