Author Topic: I just found out  (Read 3466 times)

adelasia

I just found out
« on: August 15, 2005, 21:13:04 pm »
I have been living in England for 8 years. I left 6 months ago,when my first baby was only 4 months old. I was alone in London and the experience of becoming a mother is very difficult when you do not have anybody in a foreing country. My only help was Tracy, during my pregnancy and once my son was born. I just got my stuff from England and looked for Tracy´s books immediatelly. I discovered her website today and leart that she passed away. I can only say to the family and friends that I am very sorry about it. I think Tracy was great and helped so many people. You must miss her a lot. I feel lost at this time. I have a few problems with my son and I am pregnant again. I was counting on Tracy. I have her books that can guide me during the next years and I hope that her family gets all the support from the thousands of people that Tracy touched during her life.
I am vey sad and I am not sure what to say but I need to say Thank you to Tracy. She has been my only and biggest support for long time. I can not explain much about my life in this mail but beleive me when I say that she helped me a lot.

Thank you Tracy.

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
I just found out
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 21:29:37 pm »
I totally agree. I only discovered Tracy during the latter stages of my pregnancy, and I felt awful when I found out she had passed away.

I had never had any experience of babies, I had no siblings, and most of my friends have older children, so I was totally adrift when Charlie was born. I don't know what I'd have done without her books & this website (yes I do - I would have drifted into accidental parenting & still not be getting any sleep!).

B/c of Tracy I have a baby who is happy most of the time, well rested & fed properly, healthy and a pleasure to have in the house. I truly believe that it would be a different story without her wisdom.

Take heart though. Her books are still a wonderful source of information, and this website has been a lifesaver for me. Not only have all my questions been answered, reading through all the posts lets you know that you're not the only one out there!

I too thank you Tracy,

Caroline
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Holly n Harvie

I just found out
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 10:45:45 am »
I only bought Tracy's book yesterday on the advice of a friend of mine and logged on to this website today. I had NO idea that Tracy was no longer with us. WOW. I watch her show on the Discovery channel. Craziness!  :shock:  :o