Author Topic: Pooping at night!!!  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Pooping at night!!!
« on: August 19, 2005, 03:18:39 am »
Not quite sure where to post this. 

My almost 8mo has been pooping at nights, sometimes 2 a night!!  I'm sure this is the reason why she's waking up at odd hours, as to where she's slept through til 7am.  I thought at first it was time to drop the df and I did drop it about 3 days ago.  But she still poops at night!!  I don't mean a little poop.  If I don't change her, she would have a horrible diaper rash.  When I do change her, she screams the whole time, like she's saying "put me back to sleep! I'm tired".  She poops during the day as well, so I can't figure out what's causing this new occurence???  I thought maybe her teething is causing this?  Her top tooth came out and the other one is right there on the surface.  She already has the bottom two at 5mos.  She does eat her solids at 5:30 or 6pm (barley cereal, 2 cubes veggies, 2 cubes fruit & some Cheerios).  Most of the time she does have a small poop after dinner.

Anyone have any ideas?  Geez, I was having the exact opposite problem a month ago and she was sooo constipated!!  Always something to throw me off! :roll:   Thanks for any advice.

Kathy

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Pooping at night!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 03:02:12 am »
Aarrrggghhhh... Kathy, we too have been having this problem!  :lol: though it seems to always be happening about 5 am.  So frustrating! Then dd doesn't want to go back to sleep. I wish there were some way to "change" their pooping schedule!  :lol:

Sahron
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Pooping at night!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 03:53:00 am »
can`t help with the nighttime, but i was about to post a question about how to stop dd pooping in the bath...every night this last week..halfway though bathtime...like clockwork...and then she tries to eat it as it floats up.  :roll: sorry, no help, just thought i`d share your can`t-we-change-their-pooping-pain... :lol:
Our beautiful baby girl is....

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
Pooping at night!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 04:17:55 am »
Oh Cazao I'm so sorry but.....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Pooping at night!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 04:28:07 am »
All I can suggest is it must be the rate at which food is digested & maybe change the order you feed foods around ie food in the morning move to the afternoon or something like that.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline tomato

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 14:37:57 pm »
hello...

it has to do mostly with the food given during dinner or last meal before bedtime.  try eliminating those foods which is high in fiber eg.. my DD poop more frequently when offered green vegetables, carrots and squash so i substite it with chicken or fish with potato or such. 

Try to look at your bubs diet.

HTH hope it all goes well :)

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Pooping at night!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 16:12:25 pm »
Thank you so much Tomato for the reply.

I have been giving her squash & carrot mixed and then fruit on top of that.  I guess that's probably the culprit.  I haven't introduced any fish or meat yet.  Is she old enough to have meat?  I guess I could puree the meats pretty finely.  I think I will give her the veggies & fruits for her lunch and keep the dinners not so fibrey!! :lol:

Kathy

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Pooping at night!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 04:28:24 am »
cazao - could it be all the exercise she is getting in the bath that is moving things along?  Maybe you could try a few minutes in the exersaucer before bath time.  Ds poops everytime I put him in there :roll: ....
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline Dina

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Pooping at night!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 11:04:00 am »
My 5mth old has being doing the same thing, but only for the past 4 nights or so.  I've noticed its because i'm starting giving him veggies at 5pm instead of fruit. But he will happily sleep in the night without wanting a change - I only find the 'evidence' when I feed him at 7am - and . . . Oh my god what a stink !!!! :?
A Very Spirited Aries Boy
Born: 24th March 2005

Offline babyHQ

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
massive Pooping? look at milk to solids equation
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 17:25:49 pm »
My baby had just hoards of poops and was, admittedly, eating a great deal at each meal. What I discovered later was that my milk supply was not as ample as I believed. This drove her to eat and eat and eat! My what she could eat at 6 months! More than I ate. I only thought about the pooping in retrospect because I was a bit focused on food intake quantity. Bottom line ... is your milk/solids equation in balance to start with?
You're always teaching them *something* ... the question is what.

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Pooping at night!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 03:14:32 am »
Problem resolved!!!  I started giving her the last couple of nights pasta & cheese, and no poop.  Yeah.  :D  Now I'm scared she's going to get constipated. :roll:  Geez, I don't know which is worse.

I agree with you, Dina, my lo didn't mind the poopy diaper either. I only noticed it after the first feeding and, yes, did it stink. :lol:

I'm going to give fruit & veggies for breakfast & lunch and keep the dinner with pasta, cheese, soon some fish.  I'm going to wait another couple of weeks before introducing meats.

Kathy

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Pooping at night!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 03:27:32 am »
Kathy that is great, you should be fine if you keep giving the F&V at other meals & if all else fails a bit of prune juice with cereal helps... whe ds #1 was about 7-9months, I used to make up his breakfast cereal with mashed stewed prunes or diluted prune juice as he had a bit of consitpation  & it never happened again
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05