Author Topic: Day 3 of easy..please read and respond if you have advice!  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
Day 3 of easy..please read and respond if you have advice!
« on: August 20, 2005, 12:34:50 pm »
Ok, so Day 3, night 2...night 2...I dreamfed him @ 12:00...he drank about 2 ounces, but then got up @ 2:40 wanting more milk. Or so I think...I tried to calm him back to sleep without the milk for 20-30 minutes, but he wouldnt have it..so I gave him his bottle--he drank 4 ounces easily, and then to sleep without a problem. I am not sure how to tell if he NEEDS the 2:30-3:30 feed, or if he is just used to waking it and getting it.....So far I love this....anyone have any tips?
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 03:38:42 am »
How old is your lo? And how much milk is he getting during the day?

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 03:43:10 am »
It's hard to know really just from 1 night.  But knowing how much he drinks during the day may help.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline Intransit

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 11:28:24 am »
Thanks for the reply,
He eats 6 ounces every 3 hours. I have tried to give him 7 but he rarely takes it. Last night for instance he woke up @ 1:40 am and I tried to soothe him for 30 minutes without any milk but he was sucking his hands and spitting out the dummy. So I gave gim just under 2 ounces, which is more than I have given him in the past(ie.4-5 ounces)--since reading Tracys' book, I have been trying to cut it down..and it takes more time after the little milk I give him but he does eventually fall asleep. Also a question regarding rolling over before/while sleeping? He has just learned to roll over, and does this while he is putting himself to sleep...and he gets very frustrated and cries a lot. I have put rolled up towels to discourage this at night time...but...........he is very determined. Also....is it safe for him to be on his tummy so young? He has not fully mastered the art of holding his head up?Thanks for any input....
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.