Author Topic: a decrease of formula  (Read 999 times)

Offline fros

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
a decrease of formula
« on: August 28, 2005, 04:25:34 am »
Hi ladies,
I've always had difficult feeding issues with my baby and he would usually have 600-800mls a day (20-27 oz). The most he's ever had and only once has been 950mls.
This week however he has been extremely difficult and lucky to get 600mls (20 oz) in him. :?
I started solids at 5 months and he still had at least 700mls (23 oz) so don't know if it is the solids. His solid intake is 1 1/2 tbsp rice cereal mixed with 40 mls for brekkie. Lunch I have started giving him yoghurt on my nurses recommendations. Dinner he has 2 ice cubes of veggies.So he doesn't really have that much. My question is, is this enough milk and how much are your little ones are/were having at 6 months of age.
Also at this age does yoghurt supplement milk intake?
Sorry for the long post.
Please help as I'm at my wits end with his ongoing feeding issues.
Any advice would be extremely helpful.
Thanks
Faye

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
a decrease of formula
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 06:29:32 am »
have been in the same boat and Olivia is now 6 months and generally takes between 650-800ml a day.  during her recent growth spurt this jumped to 1100-1400  :shock:  and has started settling back down (yesterday was 880ml).  she will have days as low as 650 which stress me out and then she will have 1-2 days of 800-1000 so i guess it really does vary - only my stress rarely changes (i don't know why it is so hard to relax about their eating  :? )

we started solids 2 weeks ago and she had no interest at first, then the growth spurt found her desperate for anything and willing to eat loads of solids (3-6TBS) , now we are back at 2-3 tsp.

any dairy counts towards milk as far as i am aware - so as lo takes less milk but takes cow's milk in cooking, yogurt and cheeses this all counts for the day's expected intake.  HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline fros

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
a decrease of formula
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 02:42:35 am »
if my little one had 1000 mls i would throw a party lol. :)
He is still fussing but have now decided to use infants friens to see if maybe it's a wind problem. I'll let u know.
Thanks for your reply :)