Author Topic: Time change - what to do?  (Read 1288 times)

lil'monkey

Time change - what to do?
« on: August 29, 2005, 21:22:15 pm »
This is an old question but what should I do about bedtime?  Right now, bedtime is 7:30 pm and dd wakes around 6:30 am.  I would not want her to begin the day at 5:30 am again!  Should I stick to the 7:30 pm bedtime despite the change or slowly keep her awake till we to reach the 7:30 bedtime?  It was so much simpler back in the spring.

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 02:19:12 am »
I think you're going to have to go by your lo's cues.  Follow the EASY routine and see how your lo starts to act around the regular bedtime.  The time change is back one hour right?  So 6:30 might be too early but it will start to get dark quicker.  Perhaps 7:00 he/she will start to get tired.  You'll figure it out after a few days.

Offline matthewsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 89
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 02:26:37 am »
I can understand your problem.  My son would go to bed at 8:30 or 9, and since we got back from COsta Rica, whisch is a 2 hor difference, he  started going to sleep at 11, and waking up at 10 am.  What I did was try and push bedtime forward 15 mins at a time every night, but I dont want to wake him up in the morning because he knows how much sleep he needs, so he now goes to bed about 9:30 or 10, and that is what his body has adjusted to.  I would say go by 15 mins increments and see if ti works, your baby will let you know when she is going down too early, but at leastyou can try.  Good luck!!!
Christie

Offline mommycarrie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My boys!!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 02:44:48 am »
I am also worried about the time change.  I am orriginally from Saskatchewan and there we don't have to worry about the time changes.  For me personally, 6am is going to be too early to start the day. :cry:  :cry:

carrie

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 02:56:54 am »
Hi Mimi,
In Tracy's Toddler book she says for the time change in October you put your lo to bed and hour later and that will make up the hour. Then in the spring you shorten the afternoon nap by one hour so hopefully your lo will be ready for bed earlier and will be less likely to feel the time change.

HTH,

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

lil'monkey

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 13:09:10 pm »
Sharon - so do I divide the 1 hr difference evenly during her awake times that day or just keep her up for an extra hr before bed?