Author Topic: breast issue  (Read 1271 times)

Offline opp2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
breast issue
« on: September 01, 2005, 01:00:40 am »
I'm hoping someone can Identify what this is. I have a small bump on the end of my nipple. It is white and gets whiter while feeding. I think it's a blister full of milk. It is about the size of a pin head and is quite sore. Does someone know what this might be, before I head to the doctors? It's been there for a few days now and it doesn't hurt inside the breast, only while nursing and while his tounge squeezes it.

I posted under another thread hoping not to clog the pages but got no reply. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
kaitlin 06/06/02
thomas 21/03/05

Offline foxy2279

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 10:04:45 am »
I had something simuliar to this and it was just full with milk. It was where one of the channels had gotten blocked. I went to the doctors and the nurse sorted it out.

DON'T TRY TO POP IT YOURSELF. THIS COULD CAUSE AN INFECTION.

Also if it's not that you could make it worse.

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
breast issue
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 18:57:34 pm »
Do you have a lactation consultant you could see about this? It does just sound like a little blister, but without seeing it, hard to say. Those blisters can go away by themselves, but if it is giving you pain with feeding, why not get it sorted before the weekend?

Sorry I've loaned out all my breastfeeding books to my little sis, due with her first in a couple months.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline opp2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
breast issue
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 00:31:39 am »
thanks, and don't worry about it. My doc's is a clinic, opne all weekend and I have about as much chance getting her on a regular day as a weekend so I'll go in if it doesn't get better soon.
kaitlin 06/06/02
thomas 21/03/05