Author Topic: 3 mo started waking - help!  (Read 1139 times)

Offline NickyM

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 mo started waking - help!
« on: September 07, 2005, 09:51:17 am »
My 3 mo has been sleeping really well usually going of for between 6 -7 hours from about 9pm, one short feed and then back to sleep until between 7 - 7:30am bliss! But in the last week we haven't managed more than about 3 hours absolute maximum with 1.5 to 2 hours being common at night - daytime naps haven't altered that much - I am feeling exhausted. I've tried DF at 11 but she is so deeply asleep then that she won't feed. during the night she will only feed for 20mins or so. she always goes to sleep on her own - but resettling herself not sure as this has never been an issue.
Suspect GS or needs help resettling - any suggestions :?
Nicky M mum to
Samuel - nearly 12yo superstar
Tallulah - 11 weeks absolute angel

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 03:41:18 am »
Growth spurt sounds about right to me, give it a day or two & see what happens. with both my ds the only way I really knew I had a growthspurt was the extra night waking & the slightly longer feeding.
If she is able to go to sleep on her own & regularly does sleeps longer than 45mins in the day, then I would strongly suspect growth spurt.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline NickyM

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:37:53 am »
:D Thanks for the advice. i read postings from others experiencing similar problems and made sure I fed her more during the day, we also put her down at night earlier, rather than keeping her up in the hope that she would sleep longer, and she slept for nearly 8 1/2 hours last night!!

:D  :D  :D
Nicky M mum to
Samuel - nearly 12yo superstar
Tallulah - 11 weeks absolute angel