Author Topic: How long does it take to get dreamfeeds to work?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Shine

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
How long does it take to get dreamfeeds to work?
« on: September 08, 2005, 09:28:24 am »
Started my dd on dreamfeeds last week, as she would always wake 7 hours after she had her bedtime feed.  She usually does not cry or want food, but she usually takes upto 2 hours to get back to sleep.
I have started to put her to bed earlier (7.30pm) and do a dreamfeed at 11pm, but she is still waking between 2.30 am and 3.30 am.
Usually she has taken almost all of the dreamfeed (6/7oz) but last night she only took 2 oz, so by 4am she was hungry and now I’m all out of sync.
How long does it usually take for the dreamfeed to work and shift the baby’s long sleep to between 11pm and 7am, because we are now even more exhausted as not only to we have to get up with her in the middle of the night we are going to be 2 hours later after the dreamfeed?

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 13:30:52 pm »
Hi

How old is your lo? Can you give us some more information about her schedule...are you doing cluster feeding aswell?

love
Marie

Offline Shine

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 14:09:35 pm »
Sorry yes, dd is 13 weeks and is on 4 hour EASY starting at 7am.

I only started her on EASY about 3 weeks ago so I have never done cluster feeding.