Author Topic: Toddler bed  (Read 953 times)

Offline bobby's mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
  • Boca Raton, FL USA
    • My Expanding Life Blog
Toddler bed
« on: September 09, 2005, 13:53:39 pm »
We had to move Liam into a toddler bed b/c he kept getting his feet stuck in the slats and trying to climb out.  He's only 14 months old!  I have tried to put him in it, but he just wants to crawls back out.  We have the pcak and play for back up and this is what he's slept in for the past couple nights.

He has always gone to sleep on his own and HATES if you are there with him.  It's been great until now!  I sat w/ him for an hour last night doing pu/pd and after about 20 mins it seemed to be working, but then Bobby escaped his Daddy and ruined all that work.  Then it was working again after about 15 more mins and Bobby started laughing really loud.  Again ruined.  (They weren't in the same room, it was just so loud that it came through the walls!)  After an hour my dh came in and said why are you doing this to him?  Don't you think he's had enough? Just put him in the PNP.  I was very angry and said "Fine, if you don't support my parenting style, you put him to bed!"  He appoligized this morning and said he just knew I was getting frustrated and didn't know what to do. 

We said that we will make a plan together and start it on Monday, to take the pressure off the weekend so we canrelax and gear up. 

So now, I need a plan!  Please help!  He's really stubborn and loves to be left alone to sleep.
Lisa ~~~~ 
Mama to:

Offline 15milner

• Showing Appreciation 211
Toddler bed
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 18:48:33 pm »
Could you try him sleeping in a sleeping bag /sleepsac / grobag (all same things but called diffent names).  It may prevent him from a) getting his feet caught in the slats and b) from climbing out of the cot.

That way you could go back to sleeping in the cot.  Remembering Matthew at 14 months, he didn't have the understanding to do things such as - this bed is where you sleep and you stay there you can't keep climbing in and out.

Alex

Offline bobby's mama

• Showing Appreciation 26
  • Boca Raton, FL USA
    • My Expanding Life Blog
Toddler bed
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 12:29:09 pm »
I didn't even think they made those for big boys.  He's already wearing 2t! 

But anyway!!  I guess my efforts the other night weren't useless!  I decided to just try last night and kind give him an opportunity to sleep there.  He barley fought!  I only had to pu/pd 2 times!!!!!!!!!!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  He did get up at 12am and he went back to sleep in the pack and play.  But I still feel sucessful!  He slept in there, even if it was only for 4 + hrs.  That's good!

WOO HOO!!!  :D  :D
Lisa ~~~~ 
Mama to: