Author Topic: should i use wake-to-sleep for this problem?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
should i use wake-to-sleep for this problem?
« on: September 11, 2005, 23:04:57 pm »
My DD will wake up between 4-5am and talk to herself or have a little whinge. She will then go back to sleep. The problem is that sometimes she does it for a couple of minutes but sometimes it can go on for about an hour.

She will always go back to sleep on her own but sometimes she will continue waking up every 30 mins to 1 hour after this and have a little talk or whinge again. She just seems very unsettled after waking at this time.

Should I use wake-to-sleep about 3am? Do i just go in an lightly stroke her?

My DD is 3 1/2 months old.

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 23:08:44 pm »
if she`s going back to sleep on her own i`d do nothing. so long as she`s not crying, then it`s probably not a problem. babies seem naturally to wake at various times during the night...
Our beautiful baby girl is....

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 23:43:40 pm »
this is a common "problem" that usually happens around 4 months (give or take a little).  it lasted with dd2 for about 1 1/2 weeks i think (maybe 2).  her record was 2hrs + of chatter and play and minimum was always 20-30 min.  iin the beginning we thought it was hunger but not interested in the bottle.  i finally agreed with Dh to turn the monitor down really low so i could try to sleep through it but still hear if it escalated to actual crying - never once did she cry.  People here and at my Dr office said as long as she is happy leave her be - it is just a stage they go thorugh as 4-6am is their lightest sleep and they are more alert after 3 months and have to get through that stage themselves.

i can't guarantee it (someone with experience trying w-to-s with this issue might disagree) but i would bet that if you got yourself up early and tried it she woudl just do it a little later like 5am. i don't think w-to-s will push this out to 6-7am IMO.
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified