Author Topic: 7 month baby jars (lumpy food)  (Read 1241 times)

Offline shoniponi

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 20, 2005, 18:33:07 pm »
My daughter is 8 months old and has been doing brilliantly with pureed food, eating around 4 jars or equivalent per day.  I have been trying for the last 2-3 weeks to get her to eat 7 month jars, but I feel we are just going backwards with her eating.  She occasionally takes the odd mouthful, but generally refuses to even let me put the spoon in her mouth.  She does very well eating rice cakes, cheerios and rusks though, so I'm not concerned about starting finger foods.  Has anyone else had this problem, and do you have any suggestions for how to get her to take the jars. I'm wondering if she's still a bit too young (even though they say 7 months on them), or if she just doesn't like them!  Should I just keep on giving her pureed food at the moment?  I do tend to have to give her baby jars as she generally won't eat home cooked food!

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
7 month baby jars (lumpy food)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 20:25:27 pm »
Hi,
I would persevere with the home made food.  You can start off with puree and gradually increase the texture/lumps.
It may be that your daughter just doesn't know how to eat lumps, the finger food she is eating tends to be quite mushy.

HTH
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)