Author Topic: Can't get her to fall asleep on her own  (Read 3717 times)

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Can't get her to fall asleep on her own
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 03:23:37 am »
That's awesome!  I know about that "I'm tired and need your help" cry.  I leave him in his crib after the wind down and sometimes he's not ready to sleep so I let him fuss around and when I hear that cry I go in, shush him and he turns and falls right asleep.  Of course, this is only if he wasn't overstimulated when I started the wind down, which still happens sometimes.  :oops:
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline Tannis

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 17:26:56 pm »
That's great that your little Rachel is settling in for you. It's such a great feeling the first time they go back to sleep on their own, isn't it?
Kate, my LO was 6 months old on the 22nd. He isn't overly mobile yet, but he's sosoo alert. He notices every little peep and sees every little thing. The nights are getting better, I'm still struggling through the naps. He's looking like he is cutting the tooth next to the one that already came through, so that might not help either.

Offline Tannis

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 17:29:29 pm »
Kate, I forgot to mention, he's spirited too with a little touchy mixed in!! xo

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 19:32:50 pm »
Well last night was ridiculous.  She had diarrhea all day yesterday, so that might have contributed to it.  She woke nearly every half hour from 6:45pm till 9pm.  But she wasn't eating well during the day, so we had trouble getting more than a couple of ounces in her at one time.  So at 9pm, we went ahead and gave her tylenol and fed her.  She spit up most of it and finally went to sleep.  BTW, we did call the doctor and are going in today to see him because she's still having diarrhea.  So then she was up at 12:30am, I didn't DF her because we had fed her at 9pm.  Then I pretty much let her settle herself the next couple of times she woke, and then she had a diarrhea diaper so changed that.  Ended up feeding her around 4:30am and she slept till just after 7am.  I'm hoping that once she's over this bug that maybe we can actually get onto some sort of regular routine.

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 23:19:43 pm »
Poor little bug!  I hope it's nothing serious and she gets over the diarrhea soon!  I'm sure the doctor will tell you this but make sure she gets lots of liquids somehow so she doesn't get dehydrated!!

{{HUGS}} for little Rachel.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 19:47:37 pm »
Well the doctor said that there is a stomach virus going around and that it could last 7-10 days!  He said she's well hydrated though, and to keep giving her pedialyte every other feeding.  She's not exactly herself still today, still has the diarrhea but she doesn't seem too sickly either.  Unfortunately, for some reason when she wakes up either from a nap or at night, she has an "attack" of the runs.  So I was up at 11pm changing a diaper, 2am, and then 5:30am.  I hope this ends soon as I am exhausted and I'm sure so is she!  Thanks for the well wishes.