Author Topic: 11 month old night waking after sleeping through  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Liliben

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 month old night waking after sleeping through
« on: September 29, 2005, 09:34:39 am »
Help!
For past month DS has been changing his once lovely routine by refusing naps and this has eventually led to waking during the night which he hasn't done apart from when teething etc since 6 months. He used to sleep from 8pm to 6.30 am but now will wake at 1am and 5am. What do I do? He doesn't wake crying but is more like calling out for me. I've tries leaving him to babble on his own for about 45 mins but he's standing in his cot. Do I do PD to get him back to sleep or wake to sleep (never tried that).

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
11 month old night waking after sleeping through
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 09:40:33 am »
Hi

I think you need to sort out daytime naps.  His refusal to nap may be that he only wants one now.  So I would sort that out using PU/PD.  Then at night, if he's is waking at those times on the dot, you could try wake to sleep.  However, because he's doing it twice, I'm not sure that will be entirely successful.

I would do PD by leaving him for a bit, then going in, laying him down, telling him night night and then leave.  If you get crying at that point, do classic PD.  I think a combination of sorting out daytime sleep and breaking the night waking habit should get you there.
Jenny