Author Topic: Dream feed, cluster Feeds ? - he won't eat any more ...  (Read 1312 times)

Offline jueboo

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Dream feed, cluster Feeds ? - he won't eat any more ...
« on: September 29, 2005, 15:54:31 pm »
Please can someone give me some advice, my beautiful baby boy 5weeks old and a textbook baby ( i think), ?I have tried to give him a dream feed on a number of occasions, he has taken a couple of ounces each time but that night he always wakes up more than normal ? - 3 times last night, it is like giving him the dream feed throws his feeding out of the window for the next day, he thinks he is hungry but isnt.  I have also tried the cluster feeding and have the same result - any extra food he has means he doesn't want feeding for hours. 

I think I am also messed up with EASY - I have never understood if i should wake him every three hours to feed or let him wake up - if it was up to him he would go every four hours, if I wake him up every three hours he only takes a bit of food - no more that 3 ounces.   

would like to know what I am doing wrong and how to get more than four hours sleep at night?

thanks [/b]

Offline Michael's mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 18:47:34 pm »
jueboo,
Thanks for posting. I have the same problems! My son is 5 weeks as well. I think I am also dealing with reflux, but who knows any more!!

Thanks again
Jess
Happily married to my best friend

Offline jueboo

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 21:15:26 pm »
It's good to know I am not alone!!   What makes it worse is my best friend had her baby the day after me - she sleeps for 8 hours a night without any effort !!!

I hope we get some good replies!!

X

Offline michellebateman1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 10:46:36 am »
My son was diagnosed with reflux at 3 weeks (after we tried nearly every different formula on the market). He now has infant gaviscon in each bottle which has reduced the reflux brillantly. The only thing is that he still doesn't eat very well. He is now 5 months old and has only ever eaten 3 ounces of formula for breakfast! If we can manage to get him to have 5 ounces in one feed that we are doing really well.  Reflux babies are supposed to like feeding little and often but mine just feeds little.

The reflux is fine now although we are still on the medicine but weaning is proving to be a big problem as is stopping his night feed.

Hopefully we will look back on this in a years time and laugh :wink:

Let me know if you get any good tips and good luck