Author Topic: Nanny or no?  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Jonathan's mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 01, 2005, 02:22:24 am »
My baby is 5 months old and for months I was teaching him to sleep on his own and last week he started going to bed without crying(naps too), in fact he looked like he likes going to sleep now(it was great!).  But last week instead of me putting him to nap I asked my nanny to do it... since then, he cries and screams at every nap time.. what is going on with my baby? was it a mistake to ask my nanny to help me putting him to sleep?
Please help!! Thank you.

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
Nanny or no?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 03:00:01 am »
I don't think it was a mistake but it may take him a while to adjust to having someone different put him down.  As with any new routine it takes a while for them to adjust.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Baby Nanny

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Me and my Angel - 6 weeks old
    • Nanny Network
Nanny or no?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 15:23:18 pm »
From a nanny's point of view.....  :D
With my charge, I usually have no problem putting T down for a nap, no fuss etc.  Mom and dad on the other hand have a hard time getting T to go down easily.  They don't use the BW methods

Does your nanny know how you are puting LO down? Does she do exactly the same?  It will probably just take a little while because baby is used to you, but I am sure she will adapt well.  Support the nanny so she doesn't feel like she is failing because the baby will pick up on this and probably take even longer to settle.  Maybe you can just step outside/downstairs etc for a bit so nanny doesn't feel she is being watched?  You can go back in a few minutes  Also, have nanny take over with baby about 20 minutes before nap wind down routine starts.  I know T has always kicked up a huge fuss (and still does) if he suddenly changed arms right before nap/bed.  Give them some playtime together.

HTH
Sarah