Author Topic: Fun activity  (Read 1573 times)

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Fun activity
« on: October 05, 2005, 03:46:23 am »
If anyone is interested I have a really great activity for the older babies - 6mo+

You'll need

many baby food tops (the metal ones and/or plastic or both!)
1 tin can (I used the one formula comes in) with the label peeled off.

I put all the caps into the tin and put the lid on it. I showed ds how to roll the tin across the kitchen floor.  This is fun for three reasons
1)  The tin is shiny and cool to look at
2)  The tin rolls!
3)  The tin makes noise as it rolls

Then I open the lid and show ds all the stuff in it.  I pick up caps and drop them making more noise.  He likes this.  He then picks up the tin and dumps all the caps.  Then he plays with all the caps.  Picking them up, putting them down, tap, tap, tap.

I thought if one was really adventurous you could put different colored dot stickers on the caps and then when baby is older have him count all the blue dot caps or line up all the red dot caps.

Ok, another idea using this craft.

Toss the cap into the tin (This would be for older babies)  See how many you can get inside!

How about shaking the can or emptying the can and tapping just the can against the floor?

Another idea is to show the cap then hide the cap to teach babies object permanence.

Well, anyways, I wanted to share the idea that entertains my son and cost me nothing.  Hope you'll find it enjoyable too!

stasztk

Fun activity
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 00:48:41 am »
Does this help you get your workout time in? Very clever. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Fun activity
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 01:29:16 am »
Thanks for the idea!!  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom