Author Topic: 12 wk still wakes three times a night and drinks 4 oz bottle  (Read 1138 times)

Offline tommysmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
12 wk still wakes three times a night and drinks 4 oz bottle
« on: October 10, 2005, 12:12:51 pm »
My LO is on a three hour easy plan and takes 4 oz at each bottle.  He still wakes every 3 hours at night and eats a full bottle.  i try to give a pacifer thinking he is waking out of habit, but he is hungry.  I have tried to feed him more during the day, but he wont eat more than 4 oz at a feeding.  He goes back down to sleep easily and does well on a routine.  Help please!  Need some more sleep!! :D
Alicia

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 22:20:03 pm »
Hi Alicia,
Just wanted to say that we have been there!  My LO would wake frequently at night to feed, and he simply would not take any more in the day to make up the calories.  We waited until Nathan was on a 4 hr EASY before we made any changes to his night feedings.  It seemed like when he was able to go longer in the day w/o a bottle, he was able to drink more at a sitting, and he was able to go longer at night as well.  When we finally decided to reduce the night feedings, we swaddled him, used pacifier, and shush-pat to get him to resettle.  It was a tough couple weeks, but he eventually made up his ounces in the day.

Hang in there, Alicia!  I know it is exhausting!  {{{HUGS}}}
Sheila
ng

Offline tommysmommy

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 01:20:31 am »
Thanks so much for the reply!  I will see if stretching him to 3.5 hrs helps...I'll keep you posted.  Where is SoCal do you live?  We live in Simi Valley, in between the San Fernando Valley and Ventura.  Thanks again for the encouragement!
Alicia

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 03:24:52 am »
We live in Mission Viejo, near Irvine.  Not too far...   :wink:   Were you affected at all by the fires?
Sheila
ng

Offline tommysmommy

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 12:53:16 pm »
Thanks for your interest...we were about 5 miles away...two years ago we were less than a mile...what an experience!! FYI last night I shush/pat him and was able to only feed him 2x...2:00 and 5:00.  Improvement.  This weekend my husband will be out of town (he needs his sleep) and I am thinking of trying the pick up/put down method to extend his night...any tips?  Wish me luck!  Have a beautiful day! :D
Alicia