Author Topic: SWING ADDICT!  (Read 1636 times)

Offline tommysmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 10, 2005, 12:18:48 pm »
:o  I have a 12 week old LO who love to be carried...can't do that all day so three weeks ago we set up a swing.  Loves it...however, know when he is held he HAS to be rocked and walked around or he cries.  This only occured after we introduced the swing.  he has to be in constant motion or he has a fit.  Swing addiction?  Not sure!  :o  Should I stop using the swing, or will that make his crying worse?
Alicia

Offline DeannaB

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
    • My Blog
SWING ADDICT!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 21:42:22 pm »
All three of mine have loved the swing and I allow naps in it from time to time when they are little (I had to cut that out with #3 now as the other 2 are too loud for him to get a decent nap out in the open....lol).  I would bet that it is actually the upright position that your little one likes about it more than the motion.  I would use the swing some (even for a nap or 2 if you like while he's still little).  Also how about a front carrier that would allow your hands free but also for him to be upright and looking out to the world instead of at the ceiling so much.    Also if he likes the baby gyms at all, maybe try propping him in a boppy or like under it so he's not flat on the floor.  Also there is an awesome chair made for babies starting at 3 mos when they have good head control and allows them to sit up.  It's called a bumbo chair (I just ordered mine and expecting it any day....wish they had invented these when my other 2 were this age).  Here is a link to them: 
http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=279755&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=279755&change=117  You can find them on eBay as well for slightly cheaper (watch the shipping costs).

Anway, maybe a few of these things you can try.  Also try laying your baby on the floor with a mirror...they love those!

HTH!
Zachary 9/22/01  Kalla 7/21/03
Micah 6/29/05   Maressa 2/13/07

Visit my BLOG

Offline tommysmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 01:23:56 am »
You are right...he loves to be upright...the seat looks great I'll think about getting one. Thanks for your reply!  Take care!
Alicia