Author Topic: Dropping Night Feeds  (Read 1209 times)

Offline rachaelprince

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dropping Night Feeds
« on: October 19, 2005, 12:46:56 pm »
Hi, Not sure if this should be in the eat or sleep area.
Oliver is 10 1/2 weeks old now and he is starting to sleep longer in the night. What used to be a 0400 feed has started to be later. Last night was 0500 and there has been an occasion when he has slept until 0600. This is all good news, however we have both been happy on our 3 hour routine, starting at about 7am.
What I do when he wakes at 0600? I can't really make him wait an hour for his first feed, yet if I feed him at 6am the whole day moves forward an hour which upsets bedtime, or do I feed him at 6 & 7?
He is breastfed at the moment with a formula top up at 7pm.
Any sugestions?
Thanks
Rachael

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
Dropping Night Feeds
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 13:28:16 pm »
Hi Rachael,

Sorry about the delay in responding - I am just going to run your post past the EASY Moderators to get some advice from them.

Hang on in there!

Dee
x

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Dropping Night Feeds
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 02:07:28 am »
Hi Rachel...
EASY takes a lot of tweaking at a young age  :D   And waking early is a very common one.  I think the best way of handling it is if he wakes early, wait as long as possible to feed.  Then when he naps, if he goes past the normal 3 hours and naps until 9:30 then great (i.e. if he feeds at 6 next feed is 9)..he's closer to the desired "routine".  Most likely they will nap later or wake up without having to be fed right away.  One of the main goals of EASY is to help promote independent sleep (not fall asleep on breast/bottle).  If you end up having to feed before a nap that's ok too.  That's happens alot along the way.  Just make sure he goes down awake, or somewhat awake and you'll still be ok.  Or, if this is a once a week thing and falls asleep on the breast/bottle, it too will be ok.  EASY is pretty flexible if you keep the main goal of independent sleep in mind.   :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom