Author Topic: Please, need help with a plan....need some sleep  (Read 982 times)

Offline Jo S

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Please, need help with a plan....need some sleep
« on: October 21, 2005, 12:19:30 pm »
Dear All
Was planning to start pu/pd with my gorgeous now 1 yr old but the morning we were to begin both came down with the flu from hell...obviously were not ready for that, were we...so we will start again.
A couple of questions...
I have a drive of 20 mins each way to drop my daughter to school where james invariably falls asleep usually on way home. Do I transfer to cot and if wakes do pu/pd for 1 1/2 hrs which I will be happy with  for a nap?
And, do I persist with pu/pd for 45 mins give him a break then try again for another 45 mins ?
We have co slept since 5 months, but the wakings have been getting steadily worse so we have not slept more than a couple of hours at night for about 6 months. James also searches for some of my hair to hold to go to sleep...is this a prop or comfort as I didnot give it to him?Sorry this post is all over the place I m very tired
He has also started to pull up on everything and has become very independant with his eating wanting to use thespoon himself and eat lots offinger food...how will this impact the pu/pd?

Jo

Offline naunmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
Please, need help with a plan....need some sleep
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 21:01:50 pm »
At 1, is he doing 2 naps or 3 naps?  Mine did 2 naps at 1 and I was in a similar situation of having to drop someone off and ds would fall asleep on the way home.  If yours is still doing 3 naps ... you may be able to transition him to 2 nap scenario.

I would try to transfer and sometimes if he was tired enough he would go back to sleep.  PU/PD did not work well for me.  If he woke I would sometimes rock him gently until he was sleepy and put him back in the crib.  If he woke fully and I lost that nap window I would just let him stay up and shift his schedule a little earlier i.e. put him down a little earlier for the afternoon nap and nighttime sleep.