Author Topic: PLEASE need some advice on night feedings  (Read 1145 times)

Offline MCGoldsmith

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
PLEASE need some advice on night feedings
« on: October 22, 2005, 03:52:15 am »
My 14 week old has his last night feeding at 6:00 and goes down for bedtime at 7:30. He was sleeping until around 2:30 for a week or so then it became erratic at different times which was fine until he started streching until too close to his 6:00 am wake time. I started waking him for a dream feed at 11 or so and now he makes it until 4:30 and wakes up crying. My question is... should I drop the dream feed and let him wake naturally and let him "drop" the middle of the night feed on his own or try pu/pd at his predictable 4:30 am? ANY advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much  :)
Meredith

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 15:25:42 pm »
Try it both ways and see what works best for you two.  It's just a growth spurt.  Try to get more calories in during the day and things should settle down within a week.

Crystal

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 19:13:43 pm »
you may also want to try cluster feeding in additon to the dream feed if you're not already.  i.e. if he goes to bed at 7:30, feed him at 5:30 & 7:30 and then put him to bed.  it may help tank him up a bit so he'll go a little longer at night.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy