Author Topic: 6th Mo. Old Recently Starting Wakening in Middle of Night  (Read 1394 times)

Offline peyton

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
6th Mo. Old Recently Starting Wakening in Middle of Night
« on: October 24, 2005, 19:33:11 pm »
I'm new to this forum and website so forgive me if this has already been discussed.  My beautiful six month old daughter and just started to awake in the middle of the night hungry.  She'll eat her 5 oz and then falls right back to sleep.  I'm sure I'll be told not to feed her because she should be able to sleep through the night without nutrition.  In fact, she had done so until recently.  I'm just not sure why she just started this out of "nowhere".  Thanks.
Elaine

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 20:41:51 pm »
It's probably the 6 month growth spurt!

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 20:47:59 pm »
I agree with Beata. Try to up her ounces in the morning, and see if that helps her night awakenings.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline jmcdowall

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Waking up in middle of night at 6 months and binki questions
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 20:11:11 pm »
Oh I am so glad to see this - I just found this site today and I am expeirencing the same thing - my 6 month old has been a GREAT sleeper but lately wakes and 3:30 am on the nose - sometimes it just takes a binki and she's back to sleep and sometimes she seems to need some food - so I guess I just ride this out????

Also I am looking for advice on the binki - she really only gets it at naps and bedtime - she doesn't need it the whole time she sleeps and usually spits it out after an hour and sleeps soundly from there on...  If I lay her down in the crib and give her the binki - she goes right to bed. If I don't give her the binki she has a very hard time and can't seem to get to sleep.  Should I go cold turkey now - or just ride this out???  Is this a part of the 3:30 am wake problem???
JKM - 1st time mom in Seattle

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 17:04:30 pm »
Could be the 6 month growth spurt, see how it goes for a few days.  As for the binki, you should post on the props board, as you'll most likely get more answers there.