Author Topic: Daylight savings....question  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« on: October 28, 2005, 14:15:40 pm »
Daylight savings is coming up on Sunday...and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on how to steer my ds in the proper direction....as 7 am will really be 6am etc......bed later? Im just stressing about this right now!
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline GabrielleD

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
Daylight savings....question
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 15:41:04 pm »
I'd love to get advice on this as well. This is my first time change with the baby and he's already getting up at 6:30 am. I'm really not looking forward to getting up with him at 5:30.

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Daylight savings....question
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 15:02:24 pm »
Put your lo's to bed later tonight, about an hour later if you can. Even if it means they need another catnap sometime before bedtime.

In the am, do what you can to sooth them back to sleep. Even if they get 15 mins more of sleep, consider it a victory, and just keep it up. I've been doing this for the last week, and my lo is finally to the point where she's waking an hour later (but then, she LOVES her sleep). However, I think she made the change mostly by herself; it's still dark at 6 am :P If they don't make the change naturally, then you'll just have to keep trying to soothe until they get it. If they don't get it, then you'll probably have to just get them up. Don't give up after 15 mins though; keep trying for a half hour.

After the change tonight, put them back to bed at their normal bedtime every night, regardless of if they wake earlier as a result of the change. If it gets to be more than a week and they still haven't adjusted, you might consider moving bedtime back a half hour or so.

Hope this helps!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005