Author Topic: Away from home  (Read 1038 times)

Offline newmom05

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 02, 2005, 15:55:54 pm »
Hello! I'm new to this site and have some questions for some of you vetrens... :)
I have a 10 week old textbook little boy.  I nurse him, and have been trying for a few days to start the three hour EASY plan.  I was just wondering, how do you get baby to sleep if you find yourself at the market during S time, or at a friend's home?  Do you postpone the nap or try to get baby to sleep anywhere?  Thanks for your advice!

Meg

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
Away from home
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 20:21:09 pm »
Hi there,

When I was sleep training Mads - I took a few weeks out and just had them at home with her and worked on her naps/sleep without going out around the nap/sleep time - my thinking was that once I was able to get a sleep routine established and she was able to send herself off to sleep, we could then go out and about a bit more and she would be better equipped to sleep elsewhere.

I must admit I am pretty set with her routine and even now she is 20 months old - we will be back before nap time so that she can sleep in her own cot  :oops:  however, if we are out at naptime and I can't get her back home - we follow a similar pattern that we do at home - lunch, bottle and then down to sleep (in her carseat/travel cot/pushchair) and she copes pretty well.

HTH!
Dee
x

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Away from home
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 22:47:32 pm »
yup, we try to pretty much be home for naptime as well!   :lol:

yes, there are times when we are out, but i try and make them very few & far between, cause they both just sleep better at home - and we have much less cranky evenings.   :wink:

when dd (my textbook gal) was younger though, i could put her down in a pack & play at a friend's house & she'd sleep okay.  then i would just get to hang out with the friend at naptime.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy