Author Topic: What do you feed your 12-18 month old?  (Read 1868 times)

Offline mergem

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What do you feed your 12-18 month old?
« on: November 03, 2005, 17:15:29 pm »
Just would like an idea as to what your typical meals are like?
Any sugggestions would be great!

Offline dmills

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 17:44:17 pm »
My ds is 13 mos.  I tend to be a type A personality :) so I am a bit apprehensive about foods.  I actually give him a nutri grain waffle, a scrambled egg, or cereal with fruit in the morning.  I give him a Lil' Entree, meat sticks, pasta pickups and veggies for lunch.  For dinner I do the smae as lunch but try to change up what he had for lunch.  For instance, if he had meat sticks and veggies than I give him the pasta or an entree.  I just haven't felt comfortable giving him what we have yet.
dmills

Offline dmills

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 17:44:31 pm »
My ds is 13 mos.  I tend to be a type A personality :) so I am a bit apprehensive about foods.  I actually give him a nutri grain waffle, a scrambled egg, or cereal with fruit in the morning.  I give him a Lil' Entree, meat sticks, pasta pickups and veggies for lunch.  For dinner I do the smae as lunch but try to change up what he had for lunch.  For instance, if he had meat sticks and veggies than I give him the pasta or an entree.  I just haven't felt comfortable giving him what we have yet.
dmills

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 03:22:54 am »
Breakfast:

•   Grain: waffle OR pancake OR muffin OR 2oz Oatmeal
•   poached egg
•   2 slices can pear or melon (loves all melon)
1Tbsp of yogurt on waffle/pancake/oatmeal

Lunch and dinner:

•   Grain – ½: Lightly toasted bread  (w/ fruit spread or cream cheese) or  crackers or ½ rice cake
•   Protein – 1oz cheese cubes or 1oz Tofu or chicken bits/fingers
•   2oz veg: baby jar or baby veg (offer both)

See likes what she like and not much else!

Offline Hunter & Sithia's mom

• Showing Appreciation 81
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 03:50:40 am »
I'm still getting used to the fact that my baby is now a toddler.

Hunter's meals are the "same", as in the same type of thing every day ... usually.

Breakfast is toddler cereal for the iron.  He still loves it and lets me feed it to him, so I still give it to him.  Cheerio or waffle afterwards.  Usually doesn't eat much after the cereal.  I have an allergy to eggs, so I am leery on trying him on them.

Lunh is whatever I'm having and fruit cups ... 2 of them.  Today I made chicken spaghetti sauce for macaroni (he hates cheese) and gave him the fruit afterwards.

Supper is usually a potato, veggie and whatever DH decides to cook.

He also gets at least 2 9oz botthes of milk a day (at 10am and 8pm) and sometimes he'll have either a snack after his nap, or milk from his sippy.  He's also a real crank after his nap, so whatever keeps him quiet is all good.

He eats what we eat.  He's had pizza, Kentucky fried chicken, chilli (spicy stuff too), McDonalds, you name it, he's probably had it and LOVED it.
Beth
Mom to Hunter 10-13-04
Sithia 20-04-07

Offline LindseysMom

• Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 04:07:44 am »
Lindsey has a bowl of oatmeal for beakfast and 1/2 banana and orange juice.  She also breastfeeds in the am upon awakening about an hour before breakfast and snacks on cheerios while I shower before her breakfast.

Lunch is usually some meat, veggie, and starch.  Today she had Chef Boyardee mini ravioli bites and green beans and actually drank milk for me, yea. 

Snacks are usually arrowroot cookies, fruit, cheese cubes or goldfish crackers with something to drink. 

Dinner is usually again a meat, starch, veggie and some fruit.  I offer her a drink but she will usually not drink to much with supper.  And she still beastfeeds at bedtime. 

She will eat Mcdonalds cheeseburgers, mac and cheese, yogurt, carrots, green beans, bread, chicken, Tyson chicken nuggets, potatoes.  She is not really to picky yet.   I have noticed though that now that she is passed the one year mark she eats less at each meal and likes to snack during the day.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Lilah'sMommy

• Showing Appreciation 254
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 04:16:11 am »
Lilah eats pretty much what we eat for dinner, and I try to share some of the same things with her for other meals.  Here's a sample:

Breakfast:
Grain: Oatmeal, cheerios, pancake, muffin (depending on how energetic I am that morning)
Fruit of whatever kind we have around that she likes: banana, mango, melon, blueberries, raisins cooked with the oatmeal, thin apple slices, pear, quartered grapes, etc.
Sometimes some egg or yogurt; she is still nursing in the morning, so I don't spaz about protein in the morning

Lunch:
Grain: whole grain crackers, bread, pasta, couscous, etc,
Protein: cheese, tofu, beans, lentils, cottage cheese (we're vegetarians)
a fruit and a veggie or two: peas, butternut squash soup, tomato chunks, sweet potato, etc.

Snack:
a grain and a fruit, and an 8 oz cup of milk

Dinner is whatever we're having.  It includes a veggie, a grain, and a protein.  She eats stuff I don't expect that she will: curry, spicy food, mole, etc.  Then sometimes she'll refuse stuff she usually loves, like yogurt.

Before bed, she breastfeeds.
Sabrina
wife to Roy, 6-29-01
mom to Lilah, 9-5-04
Iris, 1-8-07
and Eve, 4-9-09