Author Topic: Still not sleeping at 7 months  (Read 1147 times)

Offline pjs mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Still not sleeping at 7 months
« on: November 04, 2005, 03:12:15 am »
My DS is an angel baby during the day, and far from it at night.  He is up anywhere from 1 to 15 times a night, and rarely makes it to the DF without at least 1 cry.  Tonight he has been at it for nearly an hour.  Would be the 3rd time since he was born that I have tried to live a normal life and have people over!! As with each other time, he has cried the whole time, and my friend has sat alone watching tv until I asked her to leave!!  He is on a perfect 4 hour schedule during the day, and taking 2 good naps.  He east solids 3 times a day, and also has 30 oz of formula. He still needs to be swaddled, but we have gotten rid of the pacifier.  we have tried everything from PU/PD (which doesn't help because he cries more when we pick him up) to letting him cry it out (we went in every 45 minutes for 7 1/2 hours before vowing never to let him cry again).  I am at the end of my rope...

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 03:46:21 am »
How old is your lo?
it sounds like overtiredness to me... how long are the day naps & what does your daytime routine look like.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline pjs mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 04:14:53 am »
He is 7 months.  OUr day is as follows:

7- wakes - plays in his crib until around 7:30
7:30 - cereal fruit & 6 oz
9:30 - nap - anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours
11:30 - 6 oz; then veggies & fruit (around 12)
1:30-3:30 or 4:00 - nap - anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours - usually 2 1/2 hours)

3:30 - 5 oz
5:30/6:00 - dinner - veggies, cereal & 4 oz
6/6:30 - bath, then 5 oz
7:00 - asleep

We try for DF at around 10:30, but he is often awake well before - tonight, for example, he woke at 9, and just went down again after a bottle.  Can't believe this is hunger - we never feed him at night, and he cries every time he wakes other than at around 7 in the morning when he wakes and plays happily in his crib.  He has no problem waiting until 7:30 for breakfast, and some days even until 8!

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 20:15:18 pm »
i think it's time to wean swaddling !

it could be comfort factor.
my DS woke every hour when he was ready to loose the swaddle. he is a very active sleeper that he can't even sleep in a sleeping bag!

so try that, it might be the answer !

good luck :)
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby