Author Topic: Is our lo eating too much  (Read 1106 times)

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 06, 2005, 17:44:53 pm »
My daughter is 4 1/2 weeks old and she is eating 4 oz every 2-3 hours.  I feel like she is constantly eating.  But when she is crying and I give her the bottle she stops.  I am trying to get back on the E.A.S.Y. routine but she seems to fall asleep after she is done eating.  Any advice?
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005

Offline PaulaP

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 10:06:03 am »
Hi there,

What formula is your daughter on?  It may not be satisfying her properly.  I found that with my son - he was on SMA and was constantly crying for food, so I changed him over to Cow and Gate, and that seemed to settle him.

The other suggestion is if you wanted to try your lo on the second stage milk, but I would check with your HV first as she may still be a bit young.

Paula - Mum to Thomas

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Is our lo eating too much
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 16:18:35 pm »
That actually sounds about right for her age  :D   She's still a newborn, so it's not uncommon at all to be sleepy after the bottle.  Her awake time, including feed and diaper changes is probably 45 minutes.  To promote independent sleep you could give her a diaper change after the feeding and then put her down for a nap.  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline bellmaine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 19:12:06 pm »
Now I have a new problem.  She is falling aleep but waking up in 15 or 30 minutes.  Last night she cried for 2 hours straight. ( with little breaks here or there) Today the same thing.  It seems like she is tired but won't stay sleep.  I am losing my mind and worrying something is wrong with her any advice?
James John  Born:  April 21,  2002
Helena Bellmaine Born:  October 5,  2005