Author Topic: 10 1/2 month old refusing a bottle...HELP!!!!  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10 1/2 month old refusing a bottle...HELP!!!!
« on: November 08, 2005, 14:45:58 pm »
Hi ladies, i have neverd posted under the toddler boards before but in the past few weeks our ds has become quite the little toddler.  He has started to toddle around and is teething really bad with 2 molars coming in!!!  i realize that the molars could cause him to stop drinking his bottles but he eats solid foods fine.  He will have a bottle at 6:30 about 4oz, 2:30 maybe 1-4oz, 7:30 4oz.  Jake is a big boy at 23lbs and used to eat 3 bottles at 6-8ozs.  we are now giving him a dreamfeed at 10pm because he was waking hungry.   please help, all advice is welcome. 

Could you share what your lo was eating for solids at this age as well.  maybe he needs more solids during the day.  this is our day for solids:

breakfast: 1/2-1 waffle with jam & 6oz of oatmeal
lunch & dinner: 6oz protein/grain, 3oz veggie, 3oz fruit
Snacks are usually gerger fruit puffs. 

thanks so much-
Jenn

Offline Tonya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 252
10 1/2 month old refusing a bottle...HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 21:42:50 pm »
If he is eating solids fine right now, try upping the amount you give him.

Sucking hurts more than chewing(or gumming!) when teething, so they do often refuse bottles or nursing.

Keep offering the bottle, and when he is comfortable enough to drink, he will!
Tonya
Mom to Nathan - "Chunky Butternut", 02/18/04
           Madison - "Princess Pea", 11/29/06

Offline Oakley's Mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheCanucksOverseas/_whatsnew.msnw
does he really need it?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 04:34:54 am »
supposedly, I threw away my own bottle when I was 8 months old (and I was running at 8 and a half months old).  As I begin to examine my son's eating routine at 10 and a half months old, I'm starting to see that giving him a bottle has a lot more to do with my own convenience/schedule than what he really needs.  When he is at dayhome 3 days a week, he has no bottle at all, only foods.  i ask her to TRY to give him the bottle, but he won't take it from her - only has the bottle at home with me.  by the way, he eats WAY better at mealtimes when at the dayhome!  So does a baby really NEED a bottle at this age?  or do WE need them to have it?  this is my pondering lately.
Alana