Author Topic: Will not take bottle or formula  (Read 1425 times)

Offline jennbull

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Will not take bottle or formula
« on: November 09, 2005, 14:24:25 pm »
My son will be 9 mo next week and he is refusing to take a bottle.  His doctor suggested trying to give him formula from a sippie cup, but he will not take it either.  It is like he hates the formula or something.  Yesterday he only had 10 ounces all day and this morning only took one.  I don't know what to do bc at this age the formula is suppose to be so important.  Any suggestions????

He is teething right now.....

He used to take a bottle at 7, 11, 3, and 7 and eat at 8, 12, and 5 but now he is refusing EVERY bottle.....

Please help!!!

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 04:17:46 am »
Teething could be the culprit.  Wait a couple of days and see how it goes.  Zoe only takes about 15-20 ounces.  If he's getting solids and gaining weight, I wouldn't worry too much.  Some kids just aren't big milk drinkers.

When zoe was younger, she refused all bottles one day (except the night one) because of teething.

let us know!  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Daniel's mummy

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 09:20:49 am »
I posted a very similar post just yesterday.  Our ds seems to be lacking interest in the bottle.  On a good day, though, he still only takes about 16 oz.  He weighs 25 lb and is a very healthy bub.  I just try to get him to east lots of dairy foods and I use lots of formula when I make his food.

Offline Jamasco

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 18:36:10 pm »
We are having the same exact problem.  My dd will not eat her formula.  She loves her solids and we try and get her to eat her formula by adding it to her solid food but she will consume 20oz a day if we are lucky.  Very lucky.  She is 16lbs and 7 months old and she does gain weight every doctor's visit so they are not so concerned.

We have tried switching formulas, bottles, nipples but she is just plain, not interested.  The only problem with this is she wakes up at 3:00 a.m. hungry for food.

Suggestions anyone?
Janis

Offline Noelle

• Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 03:24:38 am »
HI Janis  :D
You had mentioned that your dd wakes every night at 3?  Just wanted to throw it out there that it may be habit vs hunger since it's at the same time  :D

Offline Jamasco

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 12:12:05 pm »
Hi Noelle,

I totally agree with you.  I told my husband we used to have a great sleeper on our hands then all of a sudden she started waking up once a night, now she tests the waters and is starting to wake up 2-3 times a night.  I told him if we change the tables on her and we don't get her and give her a bottle, she will eventually realize eating is for the day time and sleeping is for the night time.  I t hink we are tackling that this weekend.  Last night she woke up 4 times but we didn't give her a bottle.  Today is the test!

THANKS for your reply.
Janis

Offline Noelle

• Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 12:31:34 pm »
No problem  :D
Good luck!!