Author Topic: Last Feed before bed  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Gaynorsmith

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 15, 2005, 12:28:13 pm »
Hi There,

I have been told by a friend that if you put a farleys rusk into the babys last bottle before bed, then this will fill him up and help him sleep through the night.

My baby is only 6 weeks old and i am unsure if this would be too early for him....does anyone do this now if so how much of the rusk do you put in or is it a old wifes tale.

:?

Offline Fife_Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Last Feed before bed
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 12:50:09 pm »
definitely an old wives tale.  :roll:  I would suggest that you don't ever put anything like that in your baby's bottle unless advised by a doctor!!! And at 6 weeks you wouldn't feed your baby a rusk so why put it in the bottle?

Vicky - Proud Mum to:
Fraser 29/03/2004,
Arwen 24/09/2005,
Sophie 20/11/2007

Offline ambersmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
  • Juilet - Manchester England
Last Feed before bed
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 13:53:40 pm »
hi gaynor
              sounds like a great idea to get you a bit more sleep. I don't suggest you do it though! Don't know where you are from, but in the uk we are advised not to wean till 6 months(most people seem to start ealier though) so a rusk isn't suitable for a baby as young as yours.

don't feel daft for posting this question, when I've been sleep deprived I've come up with all sorts of crazy solutions, inculding velcroing dd's sleeping bag to the matress so she can't roll over :oops: don't worry I didn't actually do that!

sounds like you may be desparate for extra sleep, if you're not bf could someone else do a night feed for you? have you tried cluster feeding? I fed dd at 4pm, 6pm and 7pm when she was that young, it helped a bit.