Author Topic: 6 mnths old and has NEVER slept through.....  (Read 1168 times)

Offline jenny owen

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6 mnths old and has NEVER slept through.....
« on: November 16, 2005, 20:17:09 pm »
:cry: Any tips for someone who by now is reallt tired. I went back to work 3 months ago and now really need a full nights sleep! She has tea about 6-6:30 and goes down to sleep at 7pm. She'll then wake around 10pm-11pm and then every 3 hours after that. I've tried the more satisfying milk, a bigger teat, any other ideas. When she does wake she'll have 4-5oz at the first feed but then only 1-3oz at each waking from then on. Any tips greatly appreciated xx[/b]

Offline kim&savannah

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 21:13:26 pm »
I just want to send you {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}.  I know the feeling.  We're at almost 1.5 years with only a few weeks worth of sleep throughs scattered through the last 9 months

It doesn't sound like she's really hungry, at least not later in the night, so probably a bad habit.  I would suggest not feeding her at the first time (or try a dream feed before she wakes--have you done df's at all?) and then maybe she will eat more the next time and then go the rest of the night.  Around that age was when we finally cut down on the number of night feedings from 3 or 4 to one.  It took a few nights for her to learn I wasn't going to feed her everytime she woke and then she did seem to do better for awhile (then we had teething, colds, reflux, walking, etc. . . to deal with :) ).

Good luck--hopefully someone else will have better advice.  I obviously haven't mastered getting a lo to sleep through yet :roll:  :D

~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

Offline sara_derek

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
    • family homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:57:54 am »
Hi Jenny,

Have you read any of the Baby Whisperer books and is your baby on  EASY?  A little more information about your daily schedule and your baby might be helpful for coming up with a solution!
Canyon 12/27/02
Christian 7/4/05

Angel#1 12/23/01
Angel #2 5/23/06
Angel #3 11/27/06